Vaping Demystified content
This short investigative film provides smokers with the information needed to make an informed decision about using vape products.
Watch Vaping Demystified
Quote from Mike Sugden, ex-smoker
- Smoking is Yorkshire’s leading cause of preventable cancer and is responsible for over 4500 new cases each year
- Cigarette smoke contains thousands of chemicals, of which 69 are known to cause cancer.
- 1 in 2 long-term smokers will die prematurely if they don’t quit.
- It is never too late to stop smoking. Quitting at any age can lengthen and improve quality of life, even for those with a smoking-related illness.
- The evidence is clear that vaping is far less harmful than smoking. Switching completely can improve the health of smokers substantially, compared to continuing to smoke.
- Vapour does not cause harm to others around you. This is in contrast to secondhand smoke from smoking, which is very harmful to the health of others.
- Vaping products are the most popular stop smoking aid in England. We have estimated that there are up to 5000 additional quitters a year in Yorkshire because of them.
- Vaping products are not completely risk-free. Non-smokers should therefore not start vaping.
Join our #NoMatterWhere campaign
Surviving cancer should not be a postcode lottery.But people are more likely to get cancer and more likely to die from cancer in Yorkshire than in most other parts of England.
Show support for people with cancer in Yorkshire and give Yorkshire a voice. We’ll work on your behalf to improve cancer survival in our region. Together, we can change Yorkshire’s cancer story for good.